Saturday, May 23, 2020

Deck Style

Here's some images of decks for color and style ideas. I like a simple 1x1 steel railing supporting horizontal rails or Feeney stainless steel cables. This is from the "Waterfall House" over on 25th NE.
12302 25th Ave NE: The Waterfall House. 1/2" rods, not cables.

Broadview Library fence
I don't like the "railing kits" that the big names like Trex and TimberTech offer
This is a clean look and it's got to be significantly cheaper. (Tractor Supply)

This (the Hardwood Decking Supply railing below) is nice, but they say "Only $60 per foot."
Hardwood Decking Supply
By the way, diagonal decking requires 12" o.c. joists
I'm considering a redwood color deck with black railing. Grey deck + grey house makes Jonny a dull boy.
Feeney, Inc. is the cable rail company. This looks like a 42" railing, btw.
I like the reddish wood against the green trees. I used to like gray, but not with a gray and white house.
Great Lakes Metal Fabrication. I think I'm looking for a metal fabricator, not a railing company
Like the Waterfall House


No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...