Friday, April 19, 2019

Moldings

Brief break from the garage. A YouTube carpenter I like says don't buy moldings at Lowe's or Home Depot. Check out local places instead for better prices, better selection.

In my part of the world, that means:
Limback has a full catalog of the moldings that they keep in stock, and I quickly found the casing on most of my original doors and windows. It's a "full-depth" 3/4" x 2-1/2" "beaded" that they call L-3031. Square on one side, tapered down with a bead on the other side, cyma curve in the bed.
This will come up soon because I need to repair the door to the garage. (Someone removed a screw and the jamb sprang out of shape. That guy has since been fired.) I couldn't hate the rough-sawn 1x3 trim at BR3 more, but I don't want to start replacing all the trim at this point--it's time will come. But for the garage door..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...