Thursday, February 15, 2024

Using the SW Colors

I think all gray would be blah. All blue (Refuge) would not be much better. In playing around, I think I prefer white trim to black. Perhaps the "sophistication" I'm thinking of is using more than one color, like this:

Refuge (blue) on the main house; Earl Grey on the Breezeway and Garage

For the backyard, we do the "sophisticated" thing and paint the Breezeway the house color, not the Garage color.

Walls (Main House): Refuge [1550 SF 8 gallons (2 coats)]

Walls (Garage and North Breezeway): Earl Grey [850 SF 5 gallons (2 coats)]

Fascia and Soffit: Pure White

Window/front door trim, corner window at Kitchen: Pure White

Brick at North Breezeway, Garage doors: Pure White (Loxon) [56 SF 1 quart?]

Garage doors: Earl Grey

Garage door trim: Tricorn Black

Breezeway door: Earl Grey

Breezeway door trim: Refuge (not black as illustrated)

Front door: Colonial Yellow

BR3 door: Chrysanthemum

South side is actually more washed out due to the sun

Big difference, right?

Refuge is a nice blue (LRV 19), but we could do green or go more intense with either blue or green.

Blue 

Darker than Refuge (19): Tempe Star (11), Rainstorm (5)

Bluer, less gray undertone: Aleutian (39), Daphne (32), Bracing Blue (25), Distance (15), Indigo Batik (8)

The existing blue on the house is similar to Distance, but has a red or purple undertone, instead of Distance's "denim gray" undertone. Maybe more like a 20 LRV?

Green

Nurture Green? Coastal Plain? Willow Tree?

Darker than Escape Gray: Evergreen Fog (30), Dried Thyme (21), Rosemary (14), Shade-Grown (8)

Greener: Nurture Green (40), Agate Green (34), Inland (22), Cilantro (14), Shamrock (6)

Very gray: Pewter Green (12). Retreat (21)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...