I've lived with Escape Gray swatches for several days now, rain and (nearly) shine. I think I like color drenching the wall, including the mid-rail and the garage and breezeway doors, but white trim at the windows and white stain on the brick.
Here's what I sent to SWColorConsult.com:
One-level 1947 ranch surrounded by trees. Siding is horizontal clapboard up to a drip cap, with vertical 9" tongue and groove above the drip cap. Front is north-facing. I plan to paint fascia and soffits Pure White--that part is DIY--and I have swatches of Escape Gray up that I like (it looks like Sea Salt). I plan for a light, coastal style feel inside. I'd like a more urbane, sophisticated feel from the street, so I put up a swatch of Acier, but it seems too dark. Maybe something like Polished Concrete or Westchester Gray would seem more "adult."

No comments:
Post a Comment