Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Painting Bids

Tuesday 6 Feb: Chris LeBeau of Hate to Paint came by at 10a. He lives in Broadview and his crew is Mongolian. I walked around the house with him and realized that I'll have to get the metal shed out of the way on the east side. Do I move it and put it back? Do I haul it away with the gutters? $8,125.43 including tax, but no brick. 3-year warranty. They will help move the metal shed. SW SuperPaint.

Friday 9 Feb: Rich Wall of All Covered Painting 9am. $8,929 with tax, no brick. Brick lime wash is +$1,770. Paint mid-rail +$2,050. Upgrade from SuperPaint to Duration +$342, to Emerald +$722. 7-year warranty. Sign after 16 Feb +$900. Estimate has lots of good Washington law info.

Monday 12 Feb: Richard Stewart of Amsberry's Painting. $8,544 with tax. 10-year warranty against peeling on body. SuperPaint, Emerald, Loxon on brick.

I need to evaluate Hate to Paint, All Covered, and Amsberry's bids. First, let me see what it would cost me.

Power wash - 2 days rental $85/day 2500# gas. $170 - 5 hours

Misc wood repairs - 5 hours

$750 worth of SW SuperPaint for 2 coats (see breakdown) walls + Loxon. Not including trim.

Trim paint - say $200

Airless sprayer - 2 days rental? Purchase? $100/day + $48/day for compressor. $300

Caulking

Taping off soffits, brick, windows - 10 sides, 1 hour/side = 10 hours, $100 materials

Protect decks - say 4 hours

Paint - 10 sides, 2 hours/side/coat - 40 hours

Trim - say 15 hours

80 hours of my time - $4000

Materials: $1520

I can spend 80 hours over several months and paint the house for $5520, roughly. Or, I can hire a painter for $3,000 more and have it done in a week.

====

Analysis

Hate to Paint - 7370, 3-year, 25% down

+ Local Broadview

+ Cheapest bid

+ They do carpentry at $75/hr

- Does not include painting brick

Amsberry - 7750, 10-year, 0 down

+ Includes painting brick

+ Includes painting aluminum windows

All Covered - 8999, 7-year, 40% down

- We excluded the brick and the breezeway door

- Had a 10% quick sign bonus, but the date has passed--would be 8099







No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...