Sunday, February 11, 2024

Exterior Projects

Ten months ago, I put together a list of exterior projects that still seems like a good way to organize designs, budgets, and todo lists.

EXT.1 - Rotten fascia, gutters, downspouts--In Progress. New fascia lumber is $2/LF. New gutters with leaf covers are in the $4,000 range. I hope to be done by the end of March 2024.

(This also included a new roof, which I've moved to EXT.18)

Need Design

EXT.19 - Decide exterior colors and repaint house. Bids in the $9,000 range--maybe I could do it myself?

EXT.17 - Enclosure for tankless water heater.

EXT.3 - Cover entry steps with deck for zero-step threshold. TBD.

EXT.4 - Replace entry walk. Match height with EXT.3 for zero-step. TBD.

EXT.5 - Path and steps from driveway to doors. TBD

EXT.7 - Carport structure. Needs design.

EXT.8 - New path to east side gate, maybe gravel? New landscape? Needs design.

EXT.10 - Fence/landscaping to hide breezeway door. Needs design.

EXT.11 - Gas meter enclosure. Needs design.

EXT.13 - Basement door. Needs design. $2000-$3000.

EXT.14 - Backyard paths and railings. Cruz has done a lot. Need design for railings (see also EXT.15).

EXT.15 - Consider fencing backyard. 125' should be $2,000 or so. GET BIDS.

To Do

EXT.2 - Chimney. Point up the mortar, cap flues with a stone (unless we still need the heater flue). Maybe $1,000? Install a balloon-style flue blocker from below.

EXT.6 - Repair door and window trim at porch. I should be able to do this and get it done before painting.

EXT.9 - Remove dead tree at driveway. Get bid from Cruz.

EXT.12 - Repair siding and mid-rail: SW corner of BR3; SE corner of BA3; corner at W/D; west of BR1 glass door; west Kitchen. I can do this work.

EXT.16 - Replace deck outside BR1 deck. I can do this, maybe with existing Fiberon.

Eventually

EXT.18 - New roof - looking like $30,000 or more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...